Looking for a way to promote intense play with others near your ability level?
Consider starting Kings and Queens of the Court at your facility one day a week.
How does it work?
- Think of Kings + Queens of the Court as similar to a weekly ladder league, but players’ scores do not carry forward more than one week.
- Scores from the previous week set the placement on the courts for this week.
- The higher percentage of points players earn, the higher the court they start on at the next Kings + Queens of the Court session.
How do I start it?
- To start off your K+Q play, consider having a traditional round robin the first week.
- Play at least four games to 11 (or 15) and keep track of all scores.
- Have players randomly pair off with a different player each game.
How are games scored?
- All games are played to 11 (or 15).
- There is no win-by-two. Games stop once one side has reached the winning score.
- Record each player’s score.
How do we rotate throughout the day?
- Winners on Court 1 stay and split.
- Losers on Court 1 drop to Court 2 and split.
- Winners on Court 2 go up to Court 1 and split.
- Losers on Court 2 drop to Court 3 and split.
- And so on…
Want to learn more? Want to have a way to automatically calculate players’ placement on the court?
Here are two ways: